MY FIRST CO-WASH (condition only washing)

I had my first co-wash today and it was a beautiful experience.Hmmmm... although I am still transitioning, I will use it as a period to listen to my hair I.e what it likes and what it doesn't it's very important to listen to your hair. I am not talking out of experience am talking based on different things and articles have read about natural hair. From the picture above, I have coconut oil in the long plastic and my blue Magic hair cream which contains a lots of coconut oil too. The hair cream prevent breakage so I used it a lot the cocunut oil itself I used for my edges so I used raw coconut oil often.It must be noted that I have altered that regimen from today that I did my first co-wash.
Yes my edges is a no no...Lol... That asides, it's been a month and 2weeks since my dread installment so I decided to wash the root of my hair but I didn't use shampoo because it's a co-wash. Co-wash means washing your hair with just conditioner it's important to note that there are conditioners meant for co-washing only. In my case, I used a conditioner have been using since my transitioning. I don't know if the other component in the conditioner is healthy but I made sure it doesn't have sulphate because it makes the scalp dry according to what I have heard. I applied the conditioner on my hair generously then tied my hair with a shirt since I don't have a satin bonnet for now. Covered my hair for 30mins then I washed it off afterward. When I finished, I allowed my hair to dry naturally with the sun heat and breeze because I have been avoiding heat on my hair since transitioning. When my hair became dry after like an hour or 2, I applied my cantu leave in generously too and trust me it was a divine feeling.For now, all I can say is I am enjoying the process and I am all in for the experience. I applied the cantu leave in and styled to a bun and I also applied JBCO on my edges heard it helps it  grow.


Comments

Popular Posts